Cylinders & Rams
As industry specialists Kingsley offer comprehensive hydraulic ram repair, service-exchange, test, certification and supply services including component re-manufacture and bespoke manufacture solutions.
Continued commitment to providing service and engineering excellence have placed Kingsley at the forefront of the hydraulic repair industry. We have built a highly skilled and knowledgeable team with extensive experience who are able to provide fast, accurate, independent advice that best fit your requirements.
Hydraulic Ram Repair
Kingsley has a full in-house service facility from product inspection through to component manufacture, product assembly, finishing and testing. We operate regular van routes across the south east for free product pick-up and delivery together with a while you wait service counter where we are always on hand to offer help and advice. Our workshops are outfitted with cnc lathes, milling, drilling, honing, lapping, arc and mig welding, crack testing, load and pressure testing equipment which enables Kingsley to machine standard and bespoke components from raw materials including chrome piston rods, glands, pistons, bushes, rod and base eyes. We are able to re-tube, hone and polish barrels, re-chrome piston rods and tubes, replace external pipework and manufacture components to the customers own specification.
Kingsley only use materials and seal kits that match or surpass the original manufactures specifications* We stock a large range of hard chrome bar, tube, bronze, aluminium, steel and iron billet for rod, cylinder and component manufacture. We can recommend and supply alternative and bespoke seal kits for improved performance, longevity and serviceability or kits manufactured to your own specifications. We have close relationships with many suppliers and are able to identify and acquire any non-stock materials and rare seal kits quickly. Whatever your seal requirements, Kingsley can help.
Typical seal types:
- Seals - Fabric, rubber, fabric plain rubber, polyurethane, viton, ptfe in composite glass or bronze loaded, vintage leather seals, chevron sets or plain cup type.
- Scraper rings - polypropylene, ptfe or plain rubber.
- Rotary shaft seals – Rubber, viton or specialised high pressure ptfe.
- Bearing rings – machined phosphor bronze, bronze tape, acetal or phononic.
Our process of inspection, repair and testing have been developed and refined over a 25 year period to ensure that you get full traceability and the superior engineering excellence that Kingsley is committed to provide. We also offer a range of service exchange units which are available for fast plant recovery – ask about our tagging service.
- Free collection in the south east or drop in to our service counter.
- Free strip and assessment for standard units.
- Thorough test and inspection of individual components – where failure has been identified as a design fault in the original component, we have the expertise and experience to advise modification in order to increase serviceability and longevity, improve performance and reduce the risk of failure re-occurrence.
- Advise and quote for repair or supply options
- In-house manufacture of new components – our cnc machine-shop facility enables us to minimise undercuts whilst retaining maximum strength in threading with precision and repeatability.
- Build and re-seal using parts that provide equivalent or improved performance.
- High quality finishing including bespoke colour options
- Direct delivery back to you or your customers.
- All hydraulic ram repairs are tested and certified before they are returned and carry a full 12 month warranty.
Kingsley are able to service single acting, double acting, multi-stage, tipper rams, ejector rams, clamp rams, displacement and all types of telescopic cylinders from many brands including: JCB, Kubota, Catepiller, Faun, Bomag, Geesink, Hiab, Palfinger and many others. Kingsley undertake work from all industries including tunnelling & mining, material handling, metal & waste recycling, fire & rescue equipment, municipal equipment, water processing - management and treatment, gas, electricity, telecommunications, packaging, food processing, construction, plant hire, airfield ground equipment, agriculture and many bespoke applications.
for all your hydraulic ram repair and supply requirements
- 25 years experience
- Skilled and knowledgeable staff
- Service and engineering excellence
- Fast and accurate advice you can trust
- Full in-house workshop facility – inspection, service, manufacture, assembly and testing
- Comprehensive range of seal-kits and raw materials in stock – hard chrome bar up to 100mm diameter
- Refined processes provide:
- Full traceability
- Individual component test and inspection
- Advice & modification of parts for improved performance and longevity
- In-house machining and welding
- Test & certification
- Data-tagging and service exchange units available
- Full 12 month warranty on all hydraulic component repairs